Monday, March 24, 2008



No, that isn't my puppy - but it came up when I went searching for ears and it's so much cuter than a photo of human ears. *grin*

Christopher is being put under tomorrow to have his ear tubes removed. Apparently, they've been in for too long and I'd like to kick our family doc because I'd questioned him several times about Christopher's ears and not once did he ever send us back to the specialist (you can't just go see that guy, you have to be sent).. Well, he finally did, and after the ENT looked at them, he said they needed to be removed. So, tomorrow morning I have to take him in to the day sugery dept at our hospital and they'll take them out.

I've explained it to him, and while he doesn't really understand all of what will happen, he knows that we're going there and that he'll go to sleep for a while so that "the doctor can fix your ears" .

I'm not fond of things like this - not because I don't trust the doc to do the work (he's an ENT, this is the sort of thing he does routinely) but because I'm used to running into troubles with medical staff who don't consider Christopher's disabilities when they're dealing with him. We'll see how this goes tomorrow, I guess.



Meanwhile, our house seems to have a bit of a turtle problem. Of the ferocious looking Ninja variety. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I hope all goes well with Christopher.

molytail said...

Everything went great, I just posted - he did wonderful and so did the crew there. :-)