That was in the midst of the second coat - a special message included there for a certain someone who reads this blog (though he saves his comments for the phone LOL)
The living room is finished! Though I can't quite get the colour to show true in the photos.. It's close though - but blue-er in person. It looks too white in the pictures... ...Oh and the shiny spot on the opposite wall isn't actually there - it's just from the window.
Speaking of windows - that window had a lot of tape residue on it from Christmas lights (yeah, I learned the hard way that using packing tape and duct tape to stick Christmas lights to the window wasn't the brightest idea) and I finally managed to get that crud off the glass. Most of it anyway. And, as of 5 minutes ago, there is now a set of navy blue curtains hanging on that window. (What *was* there was a set of green with flowers that I was never keen on but as my mother made them, there they hung for three and a half years or something like that. She knows I'm changing the room though, and doesn't mind at all that they've come down.)
I'm not positive about the navy blue curtains.. they're a bit small for "living room curtains" - and just plain old navy blue. I'd have liked a bit of a pattern... but these were on sale at walmart for $22.97 (for both panels - many of their curtains are sold individually and $15 or more for ONE panel) ... I'll let them hang there for a day or two and see how I feel about them.. If they start to make me frown, back they can go. (I can't take a photo of them now because it's getting dark and it won't turn out - that's another thing this living room needs.. more light! We just have one little lamp with a 40w bulb in it.)
Painting really is a lot of work! I gave Miss Cinders and extra $10 on top of her allowance for helping - which she immediately spent on a pink hat with little glittery stone thingamajigs.
Now, to try and get the furniture where I want it...
2 comments:
i like the message. thanks cindy.
by the way,is that a set of fuzzy dice on top of my video games?
fuzzy dice? me? never. *grin*
Post a Comment