Monday, March 10, 2008

Things that go purr in the night.....

I can never say no to a furry face, so along with the four humans in this house (well, three waiting for the fourth to return!) we also have five cats. In order from oldest to youngest....




That's Claire - my crazy kitchen cat. She rarely leaves the kitchen and while she loves to curl up in a lap, she's also rather fond of burying her teeth in your skin. She came from a farm and she's always been a little off.




Next we have Moly. He was "Molly" until I discovered that I did not have a female kitten after all - it was too late to change his name though, as he knew it, so I just dropped an L and kept pronouncing it the same way. He's known as "Mr. Moly" at the vet - and anyone from Homeschool Spot may recognize him as my avatar kitty. Moly loves to give kisses on the nose and does stand up tricks to get your attention. My best friend Norm found Moly as a kitten, running around in the parking lot of a local coffee shop. He likely came from one of the feral groups out behind it.



Then there's Max. Max is part dog. If you can't find something, Max has probably run off with in his mouth and hidden in the air exchange vent. Max came to live with us after a lady from a local island message board posted that she needed a new home for him as her youngest turned out to be allergic. He's my alarm clock - every morning at about 6am, he starts biting whatever body part is poking out of the covers.




This is Angel. Angel is Papa's baby and is waiting patiently for him to return so they can curl up together on the couch again. She's quiet and mild mannered, the 'mom' of the bunch, and spends a lot of time curled up in Christopher's little lawn chair. Angel came from a litter of kittens had by a cat that lived with a family on another street here.



And then there's Toby, the cat who came from the flea market last year after he curled up in Cindy's sweater and fell asleep. I don't have a closeup head shot of Toby yet, but this one works fairly well. Toby is half asleep. Toby has always been half asleep. I've given up trying to wake this cat up and have just accepted the fact that I have a dopey cat who's always going to suck on my clothes and walk into walls.

Meow! >^..^<

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drool, drool. They are absolutely gorgeous ~ every last one of them.

molytail said...

I can't imagine living without cats - even if I did just have to replace my kitchen chairs because they'd been scratched to bits and the chair fluff was hanging everywhere LOL *grin*