The photo above is Miss Cinders hard at work on her "log cabin" that she was building as her submission in the arts and crafts portion of the recent - this is a bit of a mouthful - "Home Educator's Science and Heritage Fair and Arts & Crafts Expo". Yes, it was actually called that *grin*.
Cindy just wanted to participate in the arts & crafts portion - she still has a sour taste in her mouth about science fairs, due to a rotten experience in PS with a dingbat of a teacher who shot down her idea (story for another time) - and she chose to make a log cabin...like I mentioned in another post, we've been reading the Little House on the Prairie book - that's where she got the idea :-)
She designed it and built it with a LOT of popsicle sticks and a LOT of glue and chose decorations for the inside that she thought looked "old fashioned"...The fluff is because she wanted it to be a winter scene - and the zebras, well, those are not zebras. Nope. Okay, they are. But if you use your imagination a bit, you can imagine the stripes away and then they're horses - specifically, horses named "Pet" and "Patty", from the book. ;-)
The dolls - well, sometimes ya work with what ya have. *grin* .. Laura, Mary, and Carrie are represented with those dang "Bratz dollz", but hey - she figured out a way to dress them fairly conservatively and "olden days looking" (her words) and Laura even has her braids. We can just pretend they aren't wearing fifty pounds of makeup! (I hate those darn dolls, can ya tell? They're ridiculously popular here.)
She did a little write up on the poster and it says:
***************************************
Little House on the Prairie
"Little House on the Prairie" is one of a series of books written by Laura Ingalls Wilder about her life growing up over 100 years ago.
Laura had two sisters. The older sister was Mary and the younger sister was Carrie. Her father’s name was Charles and she called him “Pa”. Her mother’s name was Caroline and she called her “Ma”.
I decided to make a model of the log cabin in the book. I brought the book so you can look at the pictures and read some of it if you want.
I really like this book because it’s interesting to learn how people lived back then. Now I can because of the book. I bet that you would like this book too.
**************************************
She had a great time showing it to everyone as they came around looking, and had a lot of fun seeing all of the other projects that kids had brought, including this neat wooden game that another boy had made -- and so did Christopher, both of them wanted to play with it all day LOL
It was quite neat - you had to try and get the marble through the maze without losing it through any of the holes... although Christopher changed the rules and WANTED it to fall through the holes because he liked the noise it made when it did ;-)
2 comments:
That is soo cool ~ & I will email you about the other; if I can stop being mad long enough to be coherent!
Cindy says to tell you "thanks!" - and I wrote ya back in email ;-)
Post a Comment