Sunday, March 16, 2008

Postcard Kids



Wowsers.

We signed up for the Postcard Kids group on yahoo a while ago - this is a group for homeschoolers to exchange & collect postcards from all over the place, it's a fun way to work on some geography -- but had yet to get involved... last night, I posted and intro there (who we are, where we're from) and I just opened my email to find over 20 replies from people who would love to have a PEI postcard...wait, make that 22. I just refreshed my mail and there were two more!

Looks like a) it's a hopping group (which is awesome!) and b) there are probably very few people from the island, if any, on there. I doubt there's any others. *grin*

I think it's fantastic though, and so does Cindy - which is the whole reason that we're participating!

A bit overwhelming to find that many emails so quickly, but not entirely surprising. I'm kinda used to being the token islander in a group LOL

A few people have requested Anne of Green Gables postcards, but I've replied to them that I'm not positive I can get hold of those yet --- the Anne ones are generally sold in the tourist shops and most of those aren't open yet... but I'm gonna turn over some rocks anyway and see if I can find Anne specific postcards since I suspect more will want those. Red haired chick is kinda popular.

No comments: