Tuesday, March 11, 2008

GLAST



I was blog hopping earlier today and followed a link from Day by Day Discoveries to Serious Learning, where I found this post which, as you'll see if you click the link, led to this site where you can suggest new names for NASA's Gamma-ray Large Area Space Telescope, otherwise known as GLAST (you can see why they need a new name eh?)....

I read it to Cindy and and as she's been doing an Astronomy course this year, she was interested and hopped in right away with a name for it....

The ExEx! :-)

Yep. That's the name that she suggested on their name suggestion form ....I asked her why and she replied that the first "Ex" is for "Exploring" and the second "Ex" is for "Express" --- now, the first one made sense to me, but I had to inquire further about "Express".. she said that she just liked how it sounded. Of course, why didn't I think of that? :-P

Everyone who suggests a name gets a certificate that they can print - it doesn't come with your name on it, but I saved the image and added that in with a program I have before printing it out... much to the excitement of one 11 year old girl. ;-)

No comments: