In typical spur-of-the-moment style, we've decided to paint the living room and Cindy's bedroom :-) ...First, it was just to be the living room, but then Miss Cinders requested in that way that 11 year old girls have of asking - y'know, the puuuuuhhhhlease????? *big eyes* pleasepleasepleeeeeease??? - if she could have hers become something other than boring old white and seeing as how she'll be working on the living room with me, how could I say no?
Do I know how to paint walls? Not really. But hey, you pour the paint in a plastic..thing.. and you roll it over the walls. How hard can it be? :-P
The colours aren't really bright - because we rent, and while the people who own the buildings don't mind much, they prefer that people use a light colour that can be painted over with white again later, since that's what they always do when people move out. They're pretty though :-) ... The colour cards in the photo don't show quite true - my camera is fussy in low light and we only have a 40W bulb lighting up the kitchen at night...
The living room is to become "Caribbean Mist" and Cindy's room will be "Purple Lace" (the names of the colours are very nearly blech-inducing, but they themselves are pretty)...and of course, we can't wait until next week when we'd have more spots of time, we have to start it tomorrow in between taking Toby to the vet and retrieving Miss C's dress from the dry cleaners (not something we normally do - she found a dress at a thrift shop and it turned out to be a dry clean only kind, so it's off being chemical'ed to death). We'll continue over the weekend (it takes two coats for each room) while trying to keep the cats from brushing against it and Christopher from trailing the wet walls....He'll be painting a bit with us as well when he gets home from school, and Cindy's friend Kyla may join in when she comes over too - since along with the painting plans, Cindy is having a sleepover. Of course. We couldn't just do one thing at a time here, nope.
I've taken down the few wall things we had up, including an old wooden shelf that my grandfather made and a .... oh what do you call those things - the crafty things made with bits of yarn, kinda like rugs.. hook rugs? hooker rugs? Something like that. Blair made this one years ago - it's a white tiger that stares down at you, quite pretty, but very dusty, as I discovered when I removed it from the wall! Whoosh, went the dust - I contemplated trying to wash this creature in the machine, but out of fear of it falling apart, I'll just take it outside and whack it with the broomstick handle. There wasn't much else on the walls - the wooden shelf, however, still had some Christmas decorations sitting on it. Yeah I'm a bit slow with the whole 'time to take down the season' thing.
I figure, shove the furniture away from the walls and toss some old bedsheets over anything I'd rather not have speckled with bits of paint, then go at 'er.
Yay colour!
(I'm filing tomorrow under 'life skills' - not that I have to file anything under anything, but I keep some records anyway and I figure that this type of activity goes quite well in that sort of broad category, yes?)
No comments:
Post a Comment