Thursday, August 21, 2008

Zzzzzzzz



It's going on 5am and I'm sitting here with a coffee, having been up since 3:30am. This is gonna be a *long* day. I do tend to get up early - when Blair is away, I'm usually up by 5 or 6, but then I usually go to bed by 10 or earlier...last night, it was after midnight. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Isn't my sugar dish cute though? *grin* I looked everywhere for a sugar dish that a) wasn't blah boring white and b) wasn't part of a sugar/creamer set because we don't use that kind of creamer ....couldn't find anything. Diane spotted this one in a little decorator store thing that recently opened here and told me - I went and snapped it up right away, as they only had two of them.

Blair's on his way to the Halifax airport to fetch Norm - I gave him directions, as I realised last night that he's never driven over there before! He's originally from the island here and has been here for 11 years, but he didn't grow up here - he grew up mostly in Toronto. He's come back from the airport there with someone else driving and he's been to the city with us when we had to take Christopher to APSEA, but he was never driving then - actually, it's been a few years since he's been to APSEA, since he was always working...it was me taking the kids over. The last time *he* went there with us, we didn't have a car - we went over on the shuttle van. He's got his cell with him in case he gets lost - and luckily, I have a guy who *will* ask for directions..or at least he'll call and ask *me*.



Ever seen VBS advertised with a beat up car? *grin* ...There's a reason - the theme is Custom Garage. Cindy is having a great time - this is her last year attending VBS, as it goes from age 4 to grade 6 and she starts grade 7 in the fall, putting her out of the 'kids' and into the 'youth' category at our church. Man, I don't know if I'm ready for that - she'll be in the youth group and most of them are a few years older...she's a young grade 7, the others at our church who are 11 are going into grade 6...I think the average age of someone in the youth group is about 14/15....I'm going to investigate a bit before letting her head off to that group (they meet regularly once a week and they also do all sorts of other activities) - find out what kind of discussion topics they cover at their meetings...I know sometimes youth groups can get into some fairly mature stuff during their studies - and it's not that I don't want her to know about more mature things, but she *is* only 11....we'll see how it goes. They also do various trips away and I'll be looking at those pretty closely too, before deciding whether I'm comfortable with her going or not.

Youth group brings me 'round to another topic - because the mom of one of the girls in the youth group stopped by yesterday and gave me three big bags of books! They're homeschoolers too (the only others in our church - they have a dd15, ds13, and ds10) and she said she was clearing through some books and wondered if I could use these. There's a mix of stuff there - novels and non fiction books and various workbooks, activities, stuff stuff stuff....I *love* getting books! Ha, find me a hs'ing mom who doesn't. *grin*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a geography link for you that looks super. Remind me if i forget to email it through tomorrow.

molytail said...

oooo...links are good things! :-D