Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sandspit

We had a great time at the carnival place yesterday - it was sunny, but not crazy hot...perfect weather.




It's hard to take pictures ON a ride LOL - there's the kids in the tilt-a-whirl (or, as Christopher calls it, the "twirly whirl") - Christopher's favourite ride. I've got bruises on my back right along my spine from riding it so many times with him...always happens, from leaning on the metal back piece....




^^^ Christopher riding around on the little carousel.....

Heh...Cindy rode it too, even though she's a bit big for it -- and watch, she kept trying to keep me from getting her picture...everytime she went by....



She'd hide her face....



And hide her face....



Until....




I moved to a new spot and got her. *grin*


She also had a lot of fun zipping around on the bumper boats and soaking her father....






Christopher drove the cars around and went riding in the sky on the ferris wheel with Blair... I put a flower by them because they're kinda hard to see way up there...





Cindy took her brother around for a bit herself, letting Blair and I wander together for a while...



They went and rode the train together....






She also dragged her father on the little roller coaster thing....



And I recorded them for a few seconds as they came down the hill...



direct link to vid if that doesn't come out right (sometimes my vids turn to black screens for some reason)





^^^Cindy and I flew around on the paratrooper - this is also a favourite ride of Christopher's, but at this park the height is set at 48", period. It sucks because at the old (closed now) park, under 48" kids could ride with an adult.


We (she and I ) rode the "Rock N Roll" as well - that thing is fun! It tumbles around upside down over and over. *grin*



We mad a vid inside there too -- actually, we made two and the second one was better, but it messed up somehow part way through....here's the first one... on the second one, I turned the camera out so you could see the world going by upside down...oh well...you can tell when it spins by her hair. *grin* (It's not easy to run a video camera when one is tumbling upside down on a ride!)



direct link if that messes up


We raced around the go-kart track too - normally, we don't...it's not included in the bracelets and it's stupidly pricey, but we had free tickets for it this time...



^^ Miss Cinders rode with her dad....



^^ and Christopher went with me -- it was his first time ever being on them, since kids have to be 42" to ride with an adult and he is just exactly that now. He wasn't all that keen on them though - he said they were "too noisy!" and "too rough!" ..Of course, the fact that I drive them as fast as they'll go because We Have To Win...probably doesn't help. *grin* ....he did laugh though when I said that we passed Daddy & Cindy. Naturally, they blamed their losing to us on a "slow car." .. Haha, riiiiight.


There was lots more, but I was too busy riding to take pictures... bumper cars (or "dodgems" to those down under!), ball pits, scrambler, giant slide, and more. Lots of fun...we stopped at the boardwalk on the way home to have ice cream & beaver tails. Yum!


2 comments:

At Home on the Rock... said...

What a fun day!

Anonymous said...

OK, all caught up! *sighs with relief* The @*^@* computer was doing 'orrible, 'orrible things & shutting down every time I typed anything so I could read but not comment. Do you know how frustrating that is?! No, I didn't really swear...I just like typing those funny things. GLad you guys are having such a great time with Blair home. (((Hugs)))