Monday, August 18, 2008

Cousins, Cameras, and Cupakes



She was complaining that her feet hurt (new shoes) so I told her - jokingly - that I could always get a cart for her to ride in.....uh huh. All through the mall, pushing an 11 year old in a cart! *grin*


Despite everyone coming down with a miserable cold, we've been having a lovely time with Blair home - most of the germs have gone now, and today we're off to a local amusement park for some rides this afternoon. Blair's stepfather works there and got us passes - AND tickets for a few rides on the go-karts! We *never* ride the go-karts because they're not included in the bracelet pass price and they're kinda $$$, so this is pretty cool.

VBS is this week at our church - I was going to register both kids and take Christopher like I did with music camp, but the more I heard about the program, the more I realised that he probably won't enjoy it as much. Not that it isn't fun, not at all (Cindy had a great time last year), but more that the activities won't hold his interest near as much as music camp. There's a lot of puppet shows and videos and crafts that are highly visual in nature, games that he won't be able to play - and a lot less music. It just wouldn't be the best fit for him right now. Music camp went so well because this child LIVES for music. (They both do!) I'm not sure yet if Cindy is going - she's hesitant, because she knows she'll be one of the oldest kids there ...it's for age 4 up to grade six, and she's going into 7, but because she's only 11 yet, they said she can still come. Last night she was saying she didn't want to - but I know this kid and if she doesn't go, she'll regret it... come next Sunday when they do the VBS presentation, she'll be wishing she was up there with them... I think I'm gonna kick her butt out of bed and send her down. ;-)

Last night, we landed at his mom's place (ha, I can't get used to calling her "my MIL" ...she is, but it sounds so strange!) last night for a few hours - his brother and niece who live in Toronto were down, so his mom threw a supper thing for everyone to get together -- his mom, his two brothers, brother #1's wife, his sister, her husband, and the nieces and nephews. The nieces and nephews range from the youngest at 3 years old to the oldest at 20 - man, I can't believe that girl is 20 and living on her own with a boyfriend! Where'd the time go?



Cousins - three are missing (Christopher & the two oldest cousins) .. from left to right: Matthew, Noah, Erin, Becky, Cindy.


Unfortunately, a lot of my photos from last night didn't turn out very well. I'm using a new camera - Diane brought one back for me from out west, as a present for minding Charlie. Wheels, and Mister - but the photos...well, most of them are coming out looking worse than the photos from my old camera. I went looking for reviews on this particular model and.... most of the reviews are not that great. It's a Kodak Easyshare, model M753 --- several years newer than my old one (whose model number I don't know anymore; all the lettering is wore off LOL) and a bit newer (I think) than the one that we got Cindy for the end of grade six --- and we've never had problems with the Kodaks so far....but this one...eh. I'm not sure what I'm going to do - how do you ask a friend if they kept the receipt for a present because it doesn't work so hot? Hmmm, actually - y'know what? I'm being silly about that. Norm & Diane are my closest friends and I should just tell them and see if they did - after all, if they bought me shoes and they didn't fit, I would say "ouch! My feet hurt! Mind if I swap these for a bigger size?" I'll just ask. Hopefully they bought it at Walmart - because there's usually no problem returning things there, no matter if it was bought in a different province.




Aren't those delicious looking cupcakes? Cindy made them for the supper at her "Gammy's house" last night - Yes, the R is intentionally missing - the kids all call her "Gammy".

Her cupcakes turned out much better than my attempt at making banana bread the other day - or should I say, banana bricks. I don't know if it was a lousy recipe or if I'm just all thumbs in the kitchen, but they were heavy as rocks and...well, not very good. Back to the drawing board on those.

4 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Her cupcakes look pretty. Good job for a kid! I have a great banana bread recipe if you'd like it.

molytail said...

I would *love* it! Cindy and I nibbled at my banana bread (after sawing it apart LOL), but..blech! Banana flavoured bricks, they were.

At Home on the Rock... said...

Sounds like a fun night!

And the cupcakes look yummy!!

Belle said...

Those cupcakes look beautiful and delicious!!!
Belle