Meanwhile, Charlie cat came to stay with me for a bit - I had to take him in to the vet while she was in there and the vet is concerned. It may just be an issue with the crystals (same thing that my Max went through a few months ago), but there's an excessive amount of blood in his urine and this raises the possibility of a bladder stone (which would likely require surgery to remove, said the vet) or... a tumour. That would mean a referral to the vet university hospital and who knows from there. Right now, he's on the special dissolve-crystals food & anti-inflammatory pills and a "watch him carefully" order. With Diane still in the hospital that day and Norm unsure of what was what with the cats, I brought Charlie here where I could make sure he ate, drank, had his pills, and watch him. He's not eating very much - some, but not as much as he should be, and I've had to give him water with a syringe thing to make sure he was getting enough, but he's in good spirits and seems fairly energetic..that's usually a good thing. MY cats aren't too impressed with this turn of events LOL ...he's kept separate from them, but they know he's here.

He might go home with them today, if Diane's feeling up to doing all his stuff. This cat had best get better because he's her baby and she loves him like a child. He *is* her child, y'know?
No comments:
Post a Comment