Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cake Wrecks



Okay, this is capital-ay Awesome. I was blog hopping this morning and landed on Andrea's blog, a lady who is also a fellow Canadian - and I *think* she might also be a maritimer... anyway, I read her June 31st entry about forgetting her mother's birthday - as I did myself last year! - and mixed in there was a link to this little gem:

Cake Wrecks - When Professional Cakes Go Horribly, Hilariously Wrong.

You MUST go see this. I've seen some pretty odd cakes over the years (and given my lack of natural kitchen talent, I've created some monsters too - oh if I can find the photo of Diane's birthday cake from the other year, I'll post it)but some of the cakes on here are un.believe.able.

The commentary with the photos is often quite funny, and there's a comment policy on the side that I quite like - she runs a "mostly clean" site and won't publish crude or hateful remarks... the site is meant to make people laugh - not fight with each other. Right on. :-)

4 comments:

T said...

OMG!!!! That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time! I really enjoyed looking at the cakes you linked. Freaking hillarious!

molytail said...

Isn't it awesome? LOL ...Fairly new too, by the looks of it... I'm keeping this one bookmarked for sure! :-)

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm not even going to ask how you find these things. First loos now cake wrecks. lol. ;D

molytail said...

Just blog hopping around - following links from here to there and all over creation. :-D