
Or rather, the wall.
All three bedrooms looked a bit drafty for a while today - along with the front door - as the landlord's crew turned up to do replace the old windows with new ones.
Here's what the old windows looked like - they were the lift 'em and stick a block of wood (or shoe) in them...needed storm windows in winter, yada yada. Old and starting to rot away.

All three bedrooms (That's Christopher's window) had the same (the wood trim stuff is already off in that photo)..
Here's what they all now have! :-)

Much better!
But man, the racket they made while they were here! They brought this noisy contraption, which I believe is an "air compressor" ...

And they brought this odd looking thing that went THWACK.

They also replaced the busted screen in the front door - which meant taking it all apart, much to the amusement of Miss Cinders...

And best of all? I only had to retrieve one cat from outdoors. Max, of course.
>^..^<
Oh yes - the new car is all properly registered and insured and working like it ought to be.... Blair, I know you and Norm want to see photos other than the one that the guy used for the ad -- I'll get some as soon as I get a chance. :-)
(The neighbour's daughter seems to be rather taken with the car, as she called not 30 minutes ago to ask Cindy if they could "go play in the car!" ...um yeah. No. LOL)
Oh, and the old car is G.O.N.E ... the guy who accompanied us up to look at the new one bought the old one. After he wondered aloud how I'd driven it all through the snowy winter on bald tires LOL
*********************
Miss Cinders is off to supper tonight at our Pastor's house - they've invited the whole "preteen group" (the grade 5/6 Sunday school class) for supper & whatever else they have planned (it's 3 hours on the invite) ... She's very excited and if she asks me one more time whether she should wear the blue top or the pink top, I'm gonna send her in her pjs. *grin*
>^..^<
3 comments:
We own both a compressor & an air gun (yes, I actually know what those are! =) ) & I hate the amount of noise they make. Freaks the cat right out.
Ooops, meant to say thanks for that link. Don't know if it's any good yet as they have super tight security. Talk about paranoid...
you're ahead of the game than I am - I knew the air compressor thing because a friend has one, but I wasn't sure what that other thing was....now that you said 'nail gun', it makes sense with the THWACK noises I was hearing...I didn't see them using it, just heard the noise...snuck a photo of it when they went to lunch LOL
heh, the reason I only had to fetch one cat from out the holes (the door, luckily, and not out the window on the scaffolding they had up) was because the others ran off and hid all day.
and ahh - I tripped over it, now I forget where (durrr, it's been that sort of day)....maybe they've had a lot of spammers/selling/whatever or something? eh, I figured it was worth passing on to ya anyway in case it was good & useful...time will tell I guess!
Post a Comment