Thursday, April 10, 2008

Christopher's photos

As a rule, I've always avoiding buying the traditional "school photos" - they were expensive, and they were blah...boring. Standing, chest level, boring background, etc.

Well, I had to buy Christopher's set this year...they did a FANTASTIC job with his - now, you have to understand something. Christopher can't smile upon request - he grins when he's happy, laughing, etc, but if you ask him to smile (like for a photo), what you get is...hard to describe. He'll usually bare his teeth and move his lips around, but it's usually nothing like a smile...it often resembles a bit of a snarl, in fact. If you consider that a natural smile just sort of 'happens' on your face when you're happy and a requested smile (or, I guess we could really say 'fake smile' ?) is one that you consciously make -- you 'know' what muscles to move in your face and you 'know' how a smile should look ... Christopher doesn't - he's never seen a smile...he's felt them on the faces of others (though you can't feel the whole smile at once) and he's felt them on his own, but he can't make them..yet. :-)

Anyway. Check this out! (Keep in mind that this is a photo-of-a-photo, so the quality sorta sucks on here ...I put it on the table and snapped it with my camera - the actual photo in hand is beautiful and glossy and lovely) ..



They got him smiling! :-) Yay!! They must have been joking with him, making him laugh, etc - awesome! The previous school photos of his have usually just been straight on, straight face...This is a great shot!

And the background doesn't suck! It's not a chest-level blah swirly yuck background. Okay, so it's not a REAL tree - hey, it was like January when they did these LOL

They did a black & white shot as well and it looks cool...

I caved and bought the set. *grin*

Now of course Miss Cinders wants "school photos" -- we'll see what we can do about that. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Lady! He is one hunk of a kid.

molytail said...

thanks, yeah he's my little man! :-)

>^..^<

Unknown said...

I love this picture. It is such a nature pose. He looks really happy.

Dawn said...

Wow. That's fantastic!