Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy clams

We've got our menfolk home. *grin*

The kids and I left at about 4pm on Wednesday and made really good time, hitting the airport in 3 hours --- funny how you can travel so much faster when you're driving a car that actually has get-up-and-go LOL ....They rented me a 2005 Nissan Altima - and yep, it's the newest car I've ever driven. Wow.


Ganeida, if you read this, remember that incredibly boring bridge?



There it is, boring as ever LOL....


Christopher was asleep within minutes of leaving town.....




Cindy wasn't though - she was waaaaay too excited! *grin*





Christopher did wake up a bit later though, and stayed awake the rest of the way, singing along with our tunes and commenting on what a "really looooong drive" it was.






This is what we were driving... :-)




Excited kids, waiting patiently at the airport - okay, not so patiently...the plane was 1/2 hour late getting in....







and.... they finally arrived! Cindy darn near knocked her father flat LOL -- the poor guys had been awake for 39 hours at this point!




Sooooo glad to have them home - even if it only until next friday...it's better than not at all!


I guess the drive they made overnight when their flight was canceled was pretty hairy - the highway was actually signed as "Travel Not Advised" and they didn't see a single other passenger car for most of the 7 hours until they got near Edmonton. Horrible Horrible driving conditions... A few 18-wheelers and some 4X4 trucks - some of which were in the ditch - but nobody else in a little car was crazy enough. ;-)

They called me when they got close to Edmonton and I hopped on google maps to get them directions to the airport - I knew it was on the other side of the city and wanted to find them a way around as opposed to through...found it and it worked fairly well for them. They caught the Edmonton flight to Toronto and then Toronto to Halifax and everything worked out well.

Norm did end up driving home - he said he felt awake enough and I made him promise to trade with me if he started feeling dopey - and it was about 12:45am when we pulled in to town....would have been later than that if I'd driven home, as along with being dark, it also rained and changed to freezing drizzle along the way.

Oh yes.. and they brought the snow with them. It's April 25th and my yard is completely white - it started last night! LOL ....it won't last, but Norm is not impressed - bikers don't like snow! ;-)

I'm just sooooooooooooooooo glad they're home. <3

Oh and guess what he brought me as a present? A new dvd player (ours sucked - it wouldn't play anything with even the tiniest scratch, and considering that I rent a lot of documentary stuff and whatnot from the library to use with Cindy, we've been frustrated)....and the first two seasons of Perfect Strangers on dvd! Yes, I'm stuck in the 80's. *grin*

7 comments:

Mama Squirrel said...

So glad to hear he got home safely! Great pictures!

Jacqueline said...

Glad to hear they made it home safe and sound. Enjoy your time together!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Way to go gal. Enjoy your time together.

Dawn said...

Oh yea! I know how that feels.

Psst...I'm 20 minutes from the airport. If you ever come a little early and need a place to park your butt for a bit, let me know.

molytail said...

mama squirrel - Thanks! I'm so gald they both made it and I rarely leave home without my camera LOL

jacqueline - Thanks! We are - it's short {he goes back on friday coming} but short is better than none!

ganeida - double yays! *grin* nothing is ever just simple here LOL

dawn - they fly back out of the charlottetown airport, but if we get over that way again I'll definitely try to get ahold of ya first ---- would be awesome to meet "IRL" ! :-)

T said...

I'm so glad they made it home safe and sound.

Mrs. Darling said...

Im happy for you. I got your email and will be getting back to you on it. I wanted to add my 2 cents. lol