New plan.....
The guys are going to drive (tonight) from Fort McMurray to Edmonton (I think it's about a six hour drive for them, maybe more?) because there's a flight from Edmonton that leaves sometime in the morning and gets into Halifax (Nova Scotia) at 7:35pm tomorrow night.....that's their 'nutty' part....
Ours is that Diane and I have to figure out how we're gonna go fetch them from Halifax - it's about a 4 hour (each way) drive from here (as opposed to the 45min that it would have been to get them on the original flight) ....thing is, both of our cars are having problems right now - the station wagon I have isn't okay for highway driving, and hers died a couple times on the person she left it with while she was away this past week. With neither of them being reliable for off island long highway driving, we need to find someone who will lend us a car....Possibly her aunt, she said....the aunt has some kind of big SUV thing or something....
But, even the big SUV thing only sits 5 people -- so, if we borrow that it means that I have to find someone to watch Cindy.... can't fit the 2 guys plus us 2 girls plus 2 kids in it...Cindy will have to stay at my mom's or Blair's mom's or somewhere until we get the guys home. She won't be happy about it, but it's really the only option no matter what vehicle we take because nothing anyone has seats six, and nobody can watch Christopher. (Well, not many - the two who can are Diane and Norman!)
We'll have to sort it out tomorrow... it's after 1am here, ack. I'm soooo tired...but sooooo glad that they found that flight out of Edmonton...now, let's just hope Norman's car makes the drive to Edmonton okay for them...it's not exactly a new car...
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ. sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We need a thumbs up thingy. My throat is too sore for talking but I'm glad you have a solution of sorts!
Post a Comment