Sunday, June 1, 2008

Whiskers & Books




I had a few responses to my ad (looking for Cola's owner), but the people were looking for other black cats - a fluffy one, a female, and a 12lb adult...nobody is missing a 6 month old shorthair male....

He's quite happy here - he's getting along fabulously with the others (okay, with the exception of Claire - but that's Claire. She hates everyone.) and he's such a little rascal - you should see him go nuts at mealtimes...the others all wait, mostly patiently, as they know the order in which food gets handed out - Cola, on the other hand, is a whirling twirling ball of black rocketing from one side of the kitchen to the other in a frantic dash to ensure he gets his share.... crazy little thing. *grin*

Considering that nobody has claimed him and even if I wanted to take him to the Humane Society, I couldn't (they're full)....he might just have to stay here. Yep yep.





Miss Cinders and I hit up a used book sale the other day - and man, was I *ever* happy to see this child asking for book after book! Yay!!! She chose quite a mix, from the ever-so-annoying Junie B. Jones (I can't stand those - but it's not my reading material) to Guinness Records to Titanic and more....




She's a huge fan of the HP movies and wants to try reading the first two books - I'm *very* pleased with this choice because these are "bigger" books than she is used to reading...




She spotted this and got very excited - it's a "Wildlife Factfile", filled with cards containing info on piles of different animals.... very cool.




^^^Of course. :-P



Cindy attends her last swimming session today - yesterday was the testing day and today she finds out whether she passed Level 3.... ...She did very well at the testing... I think she's got it....but we won't know for sure until 2pm. *fingers crossed!*

8 comments:

At Home on the Rock... said...

Ahhh...Cola is so cute --- love the name!

Keeping my fingers crossed for Cindy....

Anonymous said...

I love all the kitties. I wish another stray would wander into our lives; Dearest keeps saying no to another cat. He thinks Iss would be jealous. I think he would too but he'll get over it!

Ditz likes HP ~ & she began them a few years back. She struggled initially as the language is *advanced*, which pleased me no end. They really helped bring her reading along. She is onto Tamora Pierce now.

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Hi! I just remembered how to find you *grin* You had asked where to find butterfly larvae on my nature blog but didn't leave a contact and for the life of me I couldn't think of where your blog was :) We got our butterfly larvae from www.boreal.com they are based in Ontario and have TONS of stuff.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend,
Rosina aka Nature Mama

molytail said...

Newf--> (hah, I know your name but I don't know whether you use it on blogger! LOL) He's such a little rascal! If he's staying here long term though, he needs to go to the vet... he's not fixed and I don't want him spraying to mark his territory! I'll prolly take him in this week....(I'll update on Miss C's day in a new post)

Ganieda --> yeah they adjust - Moly & Claire are particularly used to new furry faces showing up over the years... heh, Blair grumbles about the cats, but he's a big ol' softie and it's not unusual to find him snuzzling a kitty. <3 ..... I googled to find out who Tamora Peirce was & read through the wikipedia article...someone to keep in mind for later, thanks! :-)

BChsMamaof3 --> oops, I'm bad at the 'not leaving link' thing, sorry LOL ... and I'll check out the website, thanks!! :-)

Dawn said...

Catherine has the same wildlife factfile. We got it a year or so ago at a thrift store and boy, did her eyes light up when she saw it!

molytail said...

Dawn - cool! Cindy says there's a girl up the road here who has it too, but that hers is different...she(the girl) apparently has it in several small books or something like that...only trouble with this one is that one of the big rings doesn't shut right..we might move them to a diff binder thing. :-)

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Your new kitty looks just like one that I had about 10 years ago. He was a big loveable teddy but unfortunately is no longer with us :( My son is really into the Hardy Boy books right now, he devours them in a day and I'm more than happy to supply him with a never ending supply if it means he's reading *grin* Thanks for sharing with us :)
Rosina

molytail said...

bchsmamaof3 --> aw, I'm sorry about your kitty... I had to let them put one of mine down two years ago (elderly, quite sick)and it really sucks.

Hey I remember trying the Hardy Boys as a kid - I didn't like them, but I tried them... I did like Nancy Drew and the Bobbsey Twins - remember those?