Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Row row row... your giant cruise ship?




Mixed in with everything lately, we've been reading about the Titanic. It just so happened that when we went to Charlottetown yesterday, there was a big cruise ship docked in the harbour -- perfect timing! I was very pleased to come across this - she now understands just how HUGE these things are! Reading about how large the Titanic was or watching it represented on a dvd just isn't the same as actually seeing something somewhat similar, know what I mean? And yes, she's dramatic. *grin*

{Dvd - we watched the Titanic movie together the other day...with some discussion of the more 'mature' themes throughout and some editing. If you've watched it, I bet you can guess what scenes I'm referring to with editing!...Sure, it's not a documentary - but it *showed* her the ship and how it could have played out with the sinking and all. We also had some interesting discussions about "class", among other things - I love the way that we have the time to pursue the bunny trails.}








Miss Cinders was very amused later to spot "Iceberg Water" at the grocery store and insisted on buying some - and yes, using those little glasses LOL ... she found those in an antique shop a few weeks ago and thinks they're darling. I don't think they're actually old - the shop also has a lot of 'flea market' stuff - but they *are* kinda cute.

(Icebergs is another bunny trail - she's very curious about them as well now and we have some investigating to do!)

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Following bunny trails is one of the most fun parts of homeschooling! Love that picture!

At Home on the Rock... said...

What a great pic of her in front of the crui se ship --- she looks like she's all ready to board it!

Ahhh...curious about icebergs---I can sooo relate!! That is so cool about the iceberg water, I've never seen it but would love to try some! I've seen the little 'bergy bits' floating in the water here and crashing up against the rocks by shore. I'd love to climb in and grab some (but know better)...but I'd still like to ;)

What did the water taste like --- did it have a distinctive taste at all?

molytail said...

Jacqueline --> It is, isn't it! Yeah I do too - might have that one framed. *grin*

Newf --> You never said if you use your name on here LOL so you're still Newf :-P ....and yeah, that's my ever-so-dramatic child LOL..

....The iceberg water is something new around here too - they removed our 'can ban' and in the process, a lot of plastic container'ed stuff that we never had before has turned up..... Do you guys have a Sobey's grocery store there? That's where it came from.. saw it at a Shopper's Drug mart as well....

As for taste - well, I'm a bad one to ask because I never buy bottled water...I've always been the one to say "why spend money on WATER? It's free from the tap!" because I can't really tell the difference LOL... A friend of mine *only* drinks bottled water and she can't understand how I can't tell the difference... so, the iceberg water tasted like...water! to me. LOL... However, I will get Cindy to compare 'em later when she's up and see what she says. :-)

At Home on the Rock... said...

Ahhh....yes we do have a Sobeys,, I should check there. I'd be interested in hearing Cindy's opinion on the taste. (I never used to drink bottled water either for the same reasons....but have started recently).

And yes....first names are fine...:0)

molytail said...

She says that it tastes "cleaner" than the water from the tap, and "smoother" ... :-)

And - we were just looking at your iceberg photos on your blog and she says those are "SO AWESOME" and that she wishes we lived there so we could see them too -- and she also saw the cookie business and says that she could do that with the cupcakes she loves making :-)

At Home on the Rock... said...

Thanks, Cindy....I'd love to try some of that iceberg water. Next time I'm in Sobeys, I'm going to look and see if they have that here. I'm glad you like the iceberg pictures.

I think the cupcake idea is a great one! People love home made foods (especially when a lot of people are just too busy to make their own)