Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer has arrived

Wednesday, we headed to a local funpark for some rides & waterslides - well, Christopher and I didn't do the waterslides (he's too small) but Cindy had a great time on them. :-)








See the green & blue slide on the left? That's a favourite - the kids call it "The Toilet Bowl", though I believe it's official name is "Cannon bowl", because of how you go around & around & around and then suddenly drop down through the hole...much like a toilet flushing. ;-)


A llama!



Inside the barn behind them there was a donkey with a baby, some goats, bunnies, and guinea pigs.


Christopher might have been too small for the waterslides, but the rest of us were too small for the car & boat rides...






Cindy insisted she wasn't too small to play on the pedal tractors with her brother and as there was nobody there to check her very-definitely-over-42-inches height... LOL







Across the "wobbly bridge" - Christopher was *very* proud of himself for walking most of it on his own..it shakes and wobbles all over the place...




There's lots of little paths through the wooded areas...they go to different climbing things (like a wooden train) and stuff...



Up top of the pirate ship thing that rocks back and forth (you leave it by way of a slide) - Christopher liked this, he said it was "just like the ferry boat" LOL




This is the "Swamp Shack" - it's basically a dark building with random bursts of noise & glowing skeletons...



We only walked through that once....somebody wasn't too keen on the pitch dark and sudden scary stuff. ;-)



We cheered her up again with a ride on the pedal boats - she's quite happy that she's now tall enough to pedal these around herself. :-)





Christopher rides with me - though I'll put him in my lap sometimes and let him pedal if he wants to...usually he just wants to chill and enjoy the ride. Can't say as I blame him - pedaling those is a lot of work! LOL






On the way home. Cindy and I shared a Beaver Tail - Christopher was out like a light within two minutes of getting in the car. ;-)






We got back into town and swung by Diane's to swap cars back - and she had treats for me! She'd been across over the weekend and brought me back some Twiglets from the only place (that I know of) in the maritimes where you can get them... I *love* Twiglets and haven't had any for about a year....



This is what they look like...



Cute AND delicious. :-)

Despite the bag proclaiming how good they are for sharing, nobody else will eat any...I'm the only one who likes them. Strange people. ;-)

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I don't blame a certain someone for not liking the scary stuff. I'd be the same - seriously. :)

At Home on the Rock... said...

Looks like a great time and a gorgeous day (weatherwise)!
Mmmm....Beaver Tails....it's been a long time since I've had one of those....I don't think they're available here.

T said...

What a fantastic day!!