Friday, June 20, 2008

Last day of grade six

Today was Miss Cinder's "official" last day of grade six. :-) Man, where did the time go? How'd I end up with a junior high'er on my hands? Yikes! LOL

She's going to be working over the summer a bit - she sees it as a 'headstart' to grade seven...I see it as a way to encourage the 'year round' format that some use and I like. ;-) ...Not all day and not every day (it *is* summer!) - we're working out the schedule of sorts between us...

She's having a 'graduation dinner' next weekend here - not a party with a zoo of girls or anything, just a dinner and sleepover with a neighbour's daughter ...she *wanted* to have a little party and I'd agreed, on the condition that the party would be her 'grad present' (it's pretty traditional here for kids to get a gift for grading/passing/etc each year) because I'd have to spend money on treats and meals and taking everyone to the beach, etc (that's how the plans were), but she changed her mind because there's something that she *really* *really* wants. (Isn't there always? LOL) .... so, a dinner it is, with our friend Diane invited up and the neighbour's daughter, then the sleepover. She'll get her official certificate of promotion and report card then as well.

Today, being the 'last official day', we went out for ice cream after swinging by Christopher's school to deliver his CD player -- the cd player was purchased with funds awarded to him through APSEA and I'd had it home here putting braille labels on it and making some cds for him of his fave tunes - which he was quite excited to get!



^^ There he is checking it out with his itinerant, Vicki. :-)


Afterwards, we dropped into the Eptek center (a small museum-ish type of place here - they have different displays and such throughout the year) to check out the "Cross Currents: 500 Generations of Aboriginal Fishing in Atlantic Canada" exhibit they had set up....



Dark pic, but the lighting was low and I wasn't sure if I'd get growled at for taking photos in there or not so I wasn't messing with my camera settings. ;-)


Then off for some ice cream at Cows - we don't go there often because their ice cream, while being delicious, it quite expensive. I'm talkin' 9 bucks for two cones expensive. Ouch. But, it was a special treat for the 'last day' and all....And I must admit, the Moo York Cheesecake ice cream that I had was YUM. (Cindy chose the oreo)



Now, Cows wouldn't be cows without...well, without a cow!

You can sit on the cow and wave your arm like a cowgirl....






....You can hide behind the cow while your child snags your camera...





Or, you can be eleven and think that it's the funniest thing in the world to do this to the cow...





Mooooooo.



Oh yes... I mentioned that Cindy wants a graduation present....




Think she can talk her Dad into it?

haaahahahahahahaha.



Umm, no. ;-)

She's getting a digital camera.

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Congrats to Miss Cinders on a good year!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Miss Cinders! Very well done... & a special congrats to mum, too, for helping you get there. I know how hard she's worked! =D

At Home on the Rock... said...

Congratulations, Cindy!!