
We warned her the the mall was HUGE...but she had no way of imagining just exactly how huge we meant, considering that her idea of a huge mall is based on Prince Edward Island standards. *grin*
West Edmonton Mall isn't just a mall - it has an amusement park, hotel, waterpark, skating rink, animal show, and a million other things. You could spend a week wandering around in there, easily, and still not see everything.

This photo is dark on her, but I wanted to post it so you could see part of the waterpark behind her...there is also bungee jumping in there, but not in the photo..

Of course, we had to go investigate the amusement park! There was a ride there called the "Space Shot" - it throws you 120' up into the air REALLY fast! Cindy was just tall enough by a hair, so she hopped on with me...

Okay - *I* thought the ride was super cool....
(by the way - a tip, from experience...don't wear an ankle length denim skirt to an amusement park..you have to wrap it up into shorts for rides LOL)
As I was saying, *I* thought this was the coolest thing since chocolate chip cookies....Miss Cinders, however....

....did not. :-o ...Norm caught that photo - she does not look very pleased with this flinging-into-the-air business. She did insist afterward that she just didn't like "that moment there" ....and we all nodded and said "ahh, okay." ...But she didn't ask to ride it again. ;-)
She liked the funny spinning track thing though - NOT the upside down looping coaster that you can also see the track for...she was too small for that...I circled the thing she was in....it goes spinning and twirling through the park on its own track...

We didn't actually do a lot of riding because we didn't have much time and it's expensive if you buy individual tickets - bracelets are much better, but you need a whole day to enjoy them...
There was lots of fun to be had in the game room though...skeeball games....

...and "Deal or No Deal" games....

Fun for the boys as well...



...and games for everyone together....

A certain young lady was quite happy when the guys gave her all their tickets too.. (the tickets get exchanged for little trinket toys like whistles and whoopie cushions)...

A rock wall was climbed - she scaled it like a monkey...

Miss Cinders had her first Taco Bell meal - she loves tacos and was very excited to discover there's a McDonalds equivalent to her favourite meal. Yeah yeah, fast food is okay *sometimes*!

And was shocked to discover that this mall has penguins...

...and sea lions...

...and giant replica ships...

...and little bunnies that you could snuggle with...

There was also a baby buffalo there - but I forgot to get his picture. Cute, in a "so ugly they have to be cute" kinda way LOL ....
It's truly a massive mall - and even I, with my high tolerance for noise and general ability to zone it out, was just about done in by the time we left it. People people people people and NOISE.
They had a british import store there though - I snagged my beloved twiglets, along with some pickley stuff and marmite. Yum!
2 comments:
Oh wow! I would have hated it'm sureut definitely interesting. I mean there's a reason I live where we do. Everything operates at a level I can cope with but this week Ditz starts the Abba mania run on the Gold Coast & I'm stressed to the maz. My horrible child is revelling in it all. :{
Yeah it's a pretty insane place - I'd been there a few times, but many years ago...it's even crazier now LOL ...and no doubt, we'll have more visits in our future, as we'll be living about 5 hours away...
Oh my, things are going to get hectic for you aren't they? *hugs*
I'd LOVE to live on your little island though - it sounds and looks beautiful. <3
Post a Comment