Wednesday, October 1, 2008

CHEC



The 24th edition of the Canadian Home Educators Blog Carnival has been posted!

The poster above is the second place winner in the Canada Day Poster Challenge this year and I am particularly impressed with this one as it was created by a girl who is only nine years old!

This is what Elizabeth Yeoh from Ontario said about her poster:

I drew the shape of the maple leaf and inside are four celebrations in Canada, namely: National Aboriginal Day, Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day, Canadian Multiculturalism Day, and Canada Day. Like a rainbow, above it are the flags of the 10 provinces and the 3 territories. All around are the people, places, and things that Canada means to me today.

I think it's an awesome poster - and I'm tickled to see that she included the snowbirds - yay! (Yeah I love the snowbirds)

(I don't have a photo of Miss Elizabeth Yeoh like I did of the first place winner as they didn't publish any of the others.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These posters are really awesome!