Sunday, October 26, 2008

A bucket of news



If I'd just waited one more second, that picture would have been centered! Eh, timing is hard to hit when you're flying down the highway LOL ...I did well to catch him at all. *grin* (Yes that's Norm)

That background will become a very familiar sight for us - it's on Highway 63, the only way out of Fort McMurray most of the time... and it will become a familiar sight for us because... we're moving!

Yep yep. November 23rd, I'm flying across the country with two kids and five cats. I have less than four weeks to reduce the entire household to six 50lb suitcases and convince the felines that they like the carriers. Four ride under the plane in cargo - they go two and two in special 3X2X2 hardsided carriers like the extra large one in this picture - and one comes right on board with us in a soft sided carrier that resembles a duffle bag with mesh sides; looks like this one here. Yes, five - our sixth cat is going to a new home because she's too old and high strung to make this trip. Crazy Claire the kitchen cat.

We've got a house rental confirmed for Nov 1st - it's a cute house in a quiet neighbourhood in a fairly dead end court, so I'm happy with that. The place is furnished and has all appliances (even a dishwasher! I've never had one of those) and utilities are all included in the rent. Small fenced backyard, deck, sliding doors, weird vacuum thing that works through the walls.

This is crazy though, the amount of work I have in front of me...but well worth it..our family is going to be together again, yay!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, if you're going to move you might at least move to the right continent! :)

Hey, how's Christopher going to be with all this? I mean the homeschooler will still homeschool but what sort of a hassle are you in for the other? Wow! I hope that part works out well. Otherwise I'm stoked you'll all be together again!

I did get the e~mail but we're screwing down the deck. I have zillions of little cuts & spinters in my fingers & the joints are seizing up so I'm trying not to do much of anything else.

molytail said...

heh - you would *not* like where we're going...it's colder and longer winters than here LOL....someday we'll have to make a visit "down under" and come pester you. *grin*

We're not making any major decisions with regards to Christopher's education until we get out there - he may become a fulltime homeschooler, or he may attend a Christian private school, or the basic public school, or a blend..we're meeting with people after we get out there to make arrangements for whatever we decide is best for him. :-)

ouch, now MY fingers hurt, reading that! :-P

Jacqueline said...

I wondered if your trip might be a house hunting trip! Guess I'm going to have to move you to a new province in the carnival. :) I'm excited for you!

Mrs. Darling said...

How exciting. But goodness girl, once you have a dishwasher you will never be able to go without one again! Are you ready for such a thing? LOL

molytail said...

Jacqueline - it didn't start out as one, but it turned into that..Cindy didn't want to even leave her dad long enough to come back here - this has been crazy, too hard on the kids.... yep, I'll have to be moved to the Alberta category LOL..

Mrs.D - yeah I was all "a dishwasher? For real??" LOL ....sure will be different - and much better, I suspect! Along with this funky wall built in vacuum thing too! :-D