Saturday, September 27, 2008

Scarecrow Festival

Every year, a local farmer's market/greenhouse/etc place here holds a scarecrow contest - people build scarecrows that are then judged and awarded ribbons....After picking up some books from the library the other day, Miss Cinders and I decided to go have a peek at a few....

The obligatory Anne-crow...



The Scary-Crow that won a first place ribbon - If I'm not mistaken, this was created by two young girls...



This was one of Cindy's favourites - she didn't notice the guy *inside* until she went closer... :-o <--- was her face before she burst out laughing...



There was a little maze built - and I do mean *little*. Never one to give up easily, Miss Cinders decided she could still "play the game right", by stumbling through with her eyes covered...



Not a bad spot for jumping either....



This is a baby pumpkin. You know this...I know this... Cindy - refuses to acknowledge this. It's a pet. It's been bathed, slept with, and dressed in a hair band.

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

How neat - the pumpkin festival, that is. I'm a little worried about Miss Cinders and her pet, though. ;)

molytail said...

Yeah she's a bit of an odd duck sometimes. Dunno where she gets that. *grin*

Anonymous said...

You should worry. One of mine built a nest & sat on a clutch of rocks for an entire day trying to *hatch* them. It's a worry.

molytail said...

*ROFL* :-P