Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Plenty of Park Pictures...

Yes, I'm going to fill this entry with photos again - I just got a new camera that I'm learning how to use...of course, all I can really do with it yet is point and shoot. The instruction manual is 225 pages!

We were out to a couple of parks yesterday and Cindy was in full-on big sis mode. I wasn't allowed to help Christopher do *anything* .....so I took pictures. And more pictures. (and way more pictures than I'm posting here.) (pictures are clickable to see larger versions)

This one makes me laugh - I was offering to help and getting a very firm "NO, I can get him in it!" ....



He *loves* swinging - next to spinning on things (like tilt-a-whirls and merry-go-rounds), his favourite thing to do is swing.



Another style of swing - the kids all call these "mushroom swings" as they look a bit like the top of a mushroom.




My little rock climber - this is puny though, compared to what he climbed back in the spring on a school field trip. They went for the day to a camp down at the other end of the island and he - in a harness, of course - scaled a 40 foot rock climbing wall. *grin*




Over at another park, they headed for the "hill slide" - this is an old, old piece of playground equipment that I'm surprised hasn't been removed... it looks like something that would have been on the grounds of *my* elementary school, and I'm rather sure it's been at this one at least that long. It's an awesome old slide, built into a hill.

Climbing the hill to get up there....



He thought that was pretty silly...a slide, on a hill, with no ladder!...



Explaining what was in front of them....



And talking him through the way to get up on it...




He was a bit apprehensive, so she stayed beside him as he went down...




And then showed him what else a hill could be used for....







Rolling down, of course. ;-)


Cindy and I spotted this weird looking flower planter thing at the ice cream shop later on...it's kinda cool and kinda creepy at the same time.




****************

This is the camera that I now have...Norm & Diane had given me a Kodak one and it..well..it wasn't very good. After a bit of hemming and hawing, I told them what the reviews were like on it and they immediately insisted that I return it and get something else... so I did. Now, I have to figure out how this one works - which means either actually reading the manual or pushing all the buttons to see what they do....can you guess which one I'm more drawn toward? Ha. Yeah, Blair & Norm don't like it when I get my paws on their cell phones.... all those pretty little buttons to push!

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

She sure seems to be good with him. Great pictures!

molytail said...

She is - and a lot of that, I think, comes from the fact that I've always had her involved in things...she's been to case conferences, assessments, placements at the blind school over across, etc with us --- much to the complaints (sometimes) of those running such things. ;-)

I always told them - well, she's part of the family, she WANTS to be there, I think it's important that she's involved, and that she, as his older sister, often has interesting & helpful thoughts to share from *her* perspective...they fussed more, I just showed up with her and gave them a 'deal with it' smile. :-)

molytail said...

Haha, I was thinking about this and realised that I made it sound like that was the only reason LOL ...the fact that she's his big sis and loves him to bits is the biggest reason. ;-)