Friday, September 26, 2008

CHEC



I'm late with this - does that surprise anyone? :-P .... The 23rd edition of the Canadian Home Educator's Carnival is up!

The picture up above is the winning submission in this year's Canada Day Poster Challenge - it was designed and created by 13 year old Rémi Petitpas from New Brunswick. Pretty awesome eh?

This is what Rémi said about his creation:

"In keeping with today’s technology, I have chosen to use a GPS screen to set the scene and present a view of "My Canada Today!" A puzzle represents each of Canada’s beautiful provinces and territories; an artistic figure represents the performing arts, and a wave of energy demonstrates styles of art, culture, music, and sport. The Peace Tower clock with its hands in motion, breaking through the maple leaf, depicts the evolution of time from yesterday to today. The stem of the maple leaf contains the fleur-de-lis, which represents the 400th anniversary of the founding of Québec City. "

Here is a photo of Rémi being congratulated by the Lieutenant-Governor of New Brunswick - a man whose name I dare not try to pronounce: The Honourable Herménégilde Chiasson.



I tripped over the poster during an image search and was quite impressed when I followed it and discovered what it was. Figured I'd share. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome.

Jacqueline said...

Wow! That is a great poster. Thanks for sharing the info