Thursday, July 31, 2008

Go hug your cat(s)



If you have a cat (or several), go give them a hug and tell them how much you love 'em.

Yesterday, I had to pick up a cat that had been hit by a car - it was on the road next to ours, right in the middle of the lane. Cars were swerving around it, but I knew it was just a matter of time before it was run over again. I wasn't about to leave it there to have that happen.

I found a box in my basement, put a bedsheet in it, grabbed my gloves and a shovel (that sounds so coarse - but you can't just pick up a hit-by-a-car cat with bare hands) and got her off the road. I spoke with a lady who'd come out to see what I was doing and she said she thought the cat belonged to a doctor who lived nearby, but he wasn't home... so I told her I was taking the cat up to the vet center and I'd let them know to check their records and see if she was listed as his...I don't know if she was or not - I'm gonna call and check today.

She was a beautiful girl - a calico like my Claire, but with more white and softer fur...

If the vet wasn't able to locate her owner through their records, I'm gonna give her a name and tell them to file her under our records there or something.. it's sad to think of her just being "unknown female cat" or whatever. Yeah yeah, I'm a sap.

Go hug your kitty/kitties. >^..^<

No comments: