Friday, July 4, 2008

Chatter Chatter...

If you give an 11 year old her very own digital camera for passing grade six, you can check the memory card later and find a lot of photos like this:



and like this:




and like this:



You can also find photos of random puppies:



Hello puppy, who are you and to whom do you belong? I have no idea...


There may also be cows-out-a-car-window....




And food from a meal out with a friend...




Now, if I snag her camera on Canada Day - because I've given her a better camera than I have myself and now I'm a lovely shade of green - you might find photos like these..






This one has a little tale...



That's a lighthouse that you can climb up (obviously), down at a touristy spot here...see the child in the pink t-shirt? I asked the group of them to get together for a photo and that child grabbed the railing behind her and pulled herself UP ONTO THE RAILING. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I near died when I looked over, about to take the picture, and realised what she'd done...I don't know if the photo gives you an idea of how HIGH that is, but trust me when I say that falling over the railing backwards is a Really. Bad. Idea. She's not my kid but she sure got the MomLookOfDeath and a command to get the heck down and NOW. It still creeps me out to think about how easily she could have been knocked over backwards...have you ever overbalanced on a fence or anything? Soooo easy and it could have been as simple as one of the other girls bumping against her. *shiver*.

**************************

In other bits of news, Miss Cinders is off to camp next week - a rather unexpected and last minute event. I got a call from one of the ladies at our church today about the and she said that there'd been some "camp sponsorship donations" for kids to attend the Nazarene camp over in Nova Scotia and asked if Cindy would be interested...I asked the little miss and she's all over it, quite excited - she's been to camp once before, Girl Guide camp, but that was tents and a very small group and fairly close to home....this is cabins & piles of kids & in a completely different province, bit different LOL.

Christopher and I may do some (tent) camping of our own while she's gone - it's also Lobster Carnival week here, starting Monday, which means parades and a midway and other fun stuff like that. :-)

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Acckkk! Glad you got her off the railing before something happened. Love all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say! (I've still been reading) Speechless, totally speechless (sounds like it tooo eh?)What was the child thinking?

Nearly all the photos I post of Ditz she's taken herself, doing exactly as miss Cinders does. so does liddy, come to think of it. Must be a girl thing. I hope she enjoys camp.

molytail said...

I don't think she *was* thinking - or at least, not about much more than sitting up on it for a picture...she *is* the shortest one of the group, so she might be used to hopping up on stuff in photos, I don't know...but that's a lighthouse with a LOT of stairs to go up, up, up inside...if she fell from there...well,she'd have been "lucky" if all she did was break a few bones. Yeesh.

Cindy's taken a lot of those close up face pictures of me too, walking up and clicking it at me... those don't get posted - nobody needs a closeup of my nose LOL

She's taking *my* older camera to camp with her - it'll be fun to see what sorts of pictures she comes home with! :-)