Miss Cinders returned from camp yesterday! :-D
She's talked nonstop since she got out of the car - about the floating dock in the lake and the leeches (haha - I never said anything to her about how lakes can have those...she's never swam in freshwater before this and I knew if I mentioned the possibility, she'd never step foot in it!) and the games and the crafts and contests and what a wonderful time she had.
Oh yes, and now if Christopher or I have our elbows on the table, we get a silly song sung at us and could end up sent outside to run around the building. :-P
Surprisingly, she only took a couple of pictures with my camera - they were mostly closeups of other people's faces LOL ... she did hand the camera over to someone else for two though:


(she's over on the left at the corner of the sign...and she said she drew the blue jay in the middle)

(the week was themed like the Survivor television show - "Ruthie" was their cabin's head counselor)
She brought home a CD that apparently has pictures - these were made by someone on the camp staff and given to all the kids - but I haven't loaded them up yet....
She had a wonderful time - and while I'm very pleased that she enjoyed it, I'm also very happy to have my daughter back! ;-)
5 comments:
I am so glad she had fun and is home safe! Oh I still have wonderful camp memories from my childhood.
Sounds like she had a wonderful time. I have such fond memories of my camp days AND I think we sang that very same song about elbows on the table!!
Ditz overnighted to finish up her hols & it is truely terrible the almighty big hole her absence made in our family. Glad Cinders had a good time.
Yep its hard to let the kids grow up but we must. Im glad your daughter has such a wonderful time.
I actually remember the elbows song myself from a short camp stay about 20 years ago LOL
Post a Comment