
I was messing with the settings on my camera, trying to figure out what would take a good Christmas tree lights picture (the one above isn't very good either LOL ...I don't know what setting to use for that!) and was amused at this swirly looking image...

Of course, the tree attracts cats who like to hang out underneath....

....and chomp on the branches....

Silly cats! :-)
There aren't very many decorations on the tree yet, as the selection was pretty slim at the store we checked - so Cindy has set to work making some with supplies from her father's plastic canvas stuff...we're gonna pick up some feathers, beads, foam, and stuff like that later today so that other kinds can also be made...we'll prolly check a few other places for some cute ones too, but the homemade kind are the best anyway!
This is the first place we've lived in that has an outdoor electrical plug, so I can finally put up some outside lights without having to run an extension cord through a window or whatever (done that before) ...need to find some pretty rainbow outdoor lights!
We've also got a ...oh what do you call it - the kind of stair railing with round fancy stick things...anyway, whatever it's called, it's great for wrapping garland or such around - that's on the decoration list as well....
(Can you tell that I really like Christmas decorating?)
I never checked to see if the front door has a nail or hook thing - something we could hang a wreath on...have to take a peek later...
We discovered an outdoor rink the other day! It's just down the road here...wooden walls around it...the town floods the rink and it's free to use..it's not ready yet, but hopefully soon! There's more than one of them around, I was told...Right next to the rink is a school with a huge playground - the kids are anxious to go check that out, of course.
I haven't found one yet, but I suspect there ought to be a good sledding hill around here somewhere - considering the size of the hill we have to drive up to get to the housing area that we're in, there must be the equivalent minus the road *somewhere*...having lived her whole life on a flat island, Cindy is quite amazed at the hills out here....heh, wait until we take a drive down to Banff sometime and she gets to see the mountains! *grin*
6 comments:
Banff? I thought that was in Scotland. ;P
Wow! You do get your tree up early. I refuse to do it until we're at least in December & I guess we'll be late this year with all that's going on
The cats look like they've travelled well. :)
heh...this Banff *grin*
Yeah it's actually a wee bit earlier than usual, but we went tree shopping and it just begged to be set up and made purdy. :-D
The cats have mostly forgiven us LOL
Yep I put my tree up today too. I always have a brain fit trying to figure out how to photograph it too. I have no idea what is the best way, lights on, lights off, house lights on houselights off. Grrr.
I love that swirly pic. Its amazing what the camera can pick up.
I am proud to visit to tell you that you have won, from my blog, a COMPLETE BLOG MAKEOVER!! CONGRATS! Please email me to let me know you still want it and I'll put you in touch with Judi from Doodlebug Web Designs!
I love the pictures of your kitties under the tree. Sooo cute.
Lovely tree. AND big (compared to mine anyhow:) Those tree lights ARE tricky to photograph, I tried and tried without any moderate success.
I'm in love with Prince Edward Island by way of the ANNE Books. Never been to Canada though. One of these days...
Post a Comment