
Girl germs! :-P
Three days to go - and it snowed! Argh. I love winter - I really do - but I wanted it to wait just a few more days this year...just until after the weekend! It may still melt - which would make me happy...I don't want to drive to the city on sloppy snowy roads.
Today is Christopher's last day at his school - apparently they're having a surprise party for him. Very sweet of them... :-)
Yesterday, we were at the Audiology clinic for Christopher's hearing test - or rather, attempt at a hearing test. He doesn't like the big headphones they put on the kids and makes that dislike known to everyone rather quickly. They did get a bit of cooperation out of him, though not enough to make any determinations...once we get settled out west, we'll look for somewhere set up to test kids like Christopher (there are other methods that will work better for him) ...the ladies doing the test expressed some concern about his hearing in his right ear, though because of his lack of cooperation with the headphones, it wasn't possible for them to be certain - but I definitely want that looked into more. His ability to hear properly is *very* important, given that he can't see anything!
This morning - I have to shove things around, mop the floors, and stog some smelly things in the outlets.. the landlord is bringing some people 'round to have a peek through this place. Blech, I hate having people nosing around in my house!
Okay snow - melt!
11 comments:
It's getting close now....so exciting! In case I don't get another chance, have a safe trip!
So long as we don't lose any kids, cats, or suitcases along the way, I'll consider it a success. *grin*
I cant even imagine. How exciting to be moving. Dont work too hard these last few days.
Definitely don't lose the cats! As for the kids...well, they may want losing by the time you are done. lol just teasing. Want another? Just when I'm ready to throttle her she twines herself around me like a young & clingy pea & tells me how much she appreciates everything I do for her. Argh! Are you ready? Is everything done or do you still have bibs & bobs to do? Saskewatchen [which I can't spell obviously, has more snow than you, &Alberta. hm Now I've forgoten. Is that where you're going? :D At least I know you like snow! I'm excited for you but I'm still glad it's you & no me.
Mrs.D - very exciting! Though, I'm kinda at the point now where I just want it DONE. Because once it's DONE, nothing can go awry LOL ....
Ganeida - sure, send her along..don't forget to pack her a snowsuit though! :-P ...Saskatchewan is the province right beside Alberta...we'll be in northern Alberta, Fort McMurray...it gets REALLY cold out there - temps drop down in the -40C range in the winter, sometimes, plus the windchill factor on top of that. Might want to send her with a really thick scarf too. *grin*
Yeah, she'll be on her way just as soon as this concert & her exam is over. I'll put extra postage on just to make sure you get her. lol. Dearest is having an interesting conversation with a gentleman from Alberta ~ which is the only reason I know about the snow.
Don't forget to put a snack in the parcel box - we've seen how long the mail can take across the world. :-P
Ahhh...how'd he meet someone from Alberta? (and now I'm curious what part of Alberta)
Um...on~line. *blushes furiously* I don't know where exactly but I do know he was surveying for gas & such in his younger days. They are having quite a chat about working in extreme climates.
Oh yes, must remember the snacks! Don't forget to send us the new address.
I figured it was online LOL ...you can find the most interesting people that way! *grin*
There's a snowstorm blowing in tomorrow - it had best have itself done and over with by Sunday morning!
That picture is priceless! I can see it as a halmark card!
Praying for good diagnosis of any potential hearing issues!
(And praying for your move too! How exciting! I'd feel the same way though about having people walking through my home. :()
You asked about whether I'd taken a photography class, and I posted in the comments but wasn't sure you'd check there, so I'll paste it here too. ;)
Thanks so much for the compliment too on the photography. I have so much more to learn. I've become quite fascinated with learning it though. Bascially I'm self taught. When I got my camera I did dive into a little photo community online. The pros and fellow hobbiests there have given me great pointers and inspiration. Some people like the flickr community for this, instead I chose a little forum that's geared toward Canon dslr shooters. There are boards for most the main camera brands, as well as for certain aspects of photography (landscape, children's portraiture, photo journalistic style...)
I've always snapped lots of pictures, but I've only been trying to make it "photography" in any sense (key word is trying, lol) since June or July. I have a lot to learn, but am determined to have fun learning it!
Thanks Dell! That photo was just taken the other day - Miss Cinders may squabble with her little brother now and then, but she loves him very much. (And he loves her) ... :-)
I'm replying to the photo stuff on your blog. :-D
Post a Comment