Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008....




...although I've got my photo looking more like Christmas 1982. *grin*

I still haven't gotten anything on here to fix my pictures up (sharpen, remove red eye,re-size, crop, etc) so I'm stuck using online tools - most of which I dislike...the site that did this was cute though... it's called Picnik - you can do all sorts of fun stuff there, according to all the crazy photos on my 15 year old cousin's facebook page. I had a little fun changing my colours to the "old school" appearance and turning it into a polaroid...

Christmas has come and gone once again. Diane came out for Christmas with us - being very lucky with the day she flew..storms before, storms after ...perfect on her flying day - and her mother came up from 7 hours away as well....this house is not exactly designed for this many people. :-P ....good to have them here, though! Diane is here for the rest of the week; her mother is heading back to her place today.

I have tonnes of pictures - but I'm not mucking around with online tools to fix them, so they'll have to come later (yes because I can pretend that there are lots of people just waiting to see them LOL) ....it's partly the uploading speed that slows me down so much with the sites...and partly the laptop itself.

The kids were both incredibly excited on Christmas morning - stockings were dumped, paper wrap went flying, toys were discovered and, for one nearly-12 year old girl, a certain unexpected electronic gadget was found under the tree.... Cindy got a Nintendo DS for Christmas - completely unexpected and surprising enough that she laughed, grinned, and then started to cry LOL (in a good way) ....see, Diane has one of those handheld game thingers and Miss Cinders had been playing with it since Diane had arrived, loving the games and having a blast....she said she wanted one, but she also had no expectation of getting one, as they're a bit on the expensive side and she knew we were finished with the Christmas shopping...

Or at least, we were. Until Blair and I found ourselves running around on Christmas Eve day trying to scare up a DS. *grin*

We got very lucky, finding the last kit (one with a case and game and a special colour) in one particular store -- normal shopping in this town is a bit foolish, of the sort where you'd best buy it when you see it or you won't get it...so you can imagine what Christmas is like!

We grabbed an extra game for it as well and when I wrapped the stuff, I labeled the game as "part 1" and the box with everything else as "part 2" ....she followed the labels and opened the game first....

"eh? A DS game...but I don't have a....."

*looks at second box*

*light goes on*

*hair raising preteen scrEEEEEEEEch*

She made short work of the second wrap & the box itsef. *grin*......

Funny though - tied with the DS for first place in her "favourite present" category was something very much NOT electronic or techy....a big blue & white hockey stick. Yep....she's just itching to get over to the rink near us and start swatting her puck around. :-)

Christopher's favourite presents were his new sled (he loves to sit in it, even right in the living room) and his "Kerplunk" game - though he enjoyed the ripping of wrap more than anything and just wanted to put his presents in the sled and open more. *grin*


Christmas dinner was the usual for us - turkey, stuffing, potatoes, sweet taters, turnip, carrots, cranberry sauce.....Diane's mom took over the kitchen and did most of it up herself - she said she loves to cook, didn't want any help, and that it was a Christmas present to all of us... fine by me, I'm lousy with the bird anyway.

Now we're just sorta mid-holiday....I always find the time between Christmas and New Years to be odd feeling...it's a strange week - Christmas doesn't quite feel finished, yet it's meant to be...but everything hasn't gone back to normal yet either...

Miss Cinders turns 12 next Monday (the 5th) - where does the time go? Yeah I know, everyone says that...but it's a very good question!

Mmm...speaking of game systems.....



edited to add: I didn't pose that - I walked into the bedroom and that's exactly how Moly was laying LOL

5 comments:

Ganeida said...

Moly, my girl I HAVE been waiting with what patience I could muster for you to post about your Christmas! ;D Yeah, this week is an odd week, bitsy~piecy & I just don't like the feeling. Our weather is all over the place ~ totally unreliable; the kids are all over the place, also totally unreliable & we're going away NY's eve. I think I'm going to take the tree down today or it won't get done till Feb & that will just annoy me every time I see it.

molytail said...

our weather is reliable - we can rely on it to continue freezing our noses until around May. *grin*

I don't take the tree down, ever. That's hubby's job LOL ....every year, sometime during the first few days of January (usually), the tree vanishes....most often when the kids and I are out...we come home, no tree. Poof. :-P

Guess what little chickie is now a part of the youth choir? Yep! She joins up with them next week! :-)

Ganeida said...

Oh wow! How exciting! How did her audition go? Was it freaky? Ditz has been notified she's to put her name down to audition again ~ their way of assessing the kid's voices & what's going on there. lol. Nervewracking is what it is. Lady, where are he details? Hey have you got Christopher sorted yet or are you still working on that?

molytail said...

It was actually fairly short - I didn't get to really be *there* (ie right in the room) because I had Christopher with me and, well, Christopher doesn't do "shhh" and "wait quietly" very well LOL....it was the director who met with her and had her sing a few different things, with and without piano accompaniment, do some sort of music reading test and a few other things...a dramatic reading as well...as it turns out, they don't normally take youth in the middle of the year - auditions aren't ongoing like I thought, they do them twice a year or something, specific times - but she's taking her anyway! :-D

Cindy was nervous - but she said it "wasn't too bad" after she chilled out a bit (the lady had her laughing at something) ...she's VERY excited!

Christopher is starting a program in early Jan - half days at first - with a school here...He'll be in the Independent Living Program initially, designed for kids with developmental delays...I have chattering to do about that, I just haven't had a chance yet...this dang laptop drives me BANANAS grumble grumble LOL...Oh how I want a desktop again!

Ganeida said...

Hey what happened? I got all excited about your new look & now it's gone again. :( Congratulations to Cindy. You rock, girl!