
Even the sun looks cold up here. *grin*

Pretty near everyone in this town seems to own one - or more - of these, commonly referred to as "quads" (I'm used to them being called ATVs or 4-wheelers)....one of those belongs to Norm, the others to his friends. I intend to pester him into showing me how to drive 'em!

Cinnamon rolls, warm out of the oven, are one of the best answers to winter. They're not as blurry in person.
(They're also not, apparently, what people out here know as "cinnamon rolls" - that's my guess based on the funny look that a friend of Norm's {a friend not from the maritimes like we are} gave them when she saw them...I think what she knows as "cinnamon rolls" are perhaps the things we call "sticky buns" back home.....these (in the pic) are made with the exact same recipe you use for tea biscuits...)
I have no photos from the evening - I did have my camera but nobody else did and I didn't want to make anyone feel awkward - but we had a lovely time with the local homeschool group at the sleigh ride! There was a snow fire, a sleigh with beautiful horses, a sledding hill, and delicious snacks. Cindy met a lot of kids and I met several moms - though I'm quite shy and likely seemed odd and awkward, argh!
Sunday past, we checked out a church here - wow, it was huge! I thought ours was big back home - this makes ours look tiny! Something like 500 people attend this one...it's a Baptist church - we attended the Church of the Nazarene back on the island, but there isn't one of those here.... I don't know a whole lot about all the different denominations, but I think it seems rather close to the same in beliefs...
There's another that we want to check out - it's the Pentecostal Assembly and it seems like it might be just as active as the Baptist one, but perhaps smaller...I really don't know much about them either, so I have some investigating to do....
Meanwhile, we were invited to a "cookie exchange" at the first church this Saturday and we'll go to that - you bring Christmas goodies and everyone shares, the kids do crafts, and whatever else... I'm a pretty basic baker, so nothing fancy - I think I'll bring Reeses cookies.
Sunday afternoon is the kids Christmas party hosted by Blair's workplace - that ought to be fun!
Now, in other news, and I'm slow to get this posted due to always being frustrated with this laptop (I can't wait until I have a desktop again!)....I won a blog contest!
Yep yep - I entered a contest over on The Clan McLeod for a blog makeover and I won - I never win things, so this is rather cool.
The lady who does the blog designs is Judi, from Doodlebug Designs - check out the lovely designs in her gallery! She's quite a talented lady - and this is pretty good timing given that I had some blog plans that I can't get working the way I want. Yay!
5 comments:
Oh moly, you girls are really on a baking trip! The poor sun! He looks very nearly frozen solid. It is sooo cool you won the blog thingy & I can't wait to see the *new you*. :)
LOL....yes...it seems like learning a whole new language at times, doesn't it? I can totally relate as this happens to us all the time. The longer we're here, the more it seems to happen.
The cinnamon rolls or sticky buns or whatever one wants to call them....look delicious! mmmmm
oohh forgot one thing....good luck with finding a church. We've been members at both a Pentecostal and a Baptist.
Ganeida - yep, and the baking gets eaten faster than I could shake a sheep at so I'm figuring we'd best start doubling the recipes! For the blog, I may actually start up the new one I wanted to do and run with it there. :-)
Linda - yeah she was thinking of those big fluffy bread-like things with icing & cinnamon on then, know what I mean? ......ooo, I should pick your brain about the two denominations! :-D
oh and Ganeida - that sun, I took that pic mid afternoon and it was about -25C or thereabouts at the time... *grin*
Post a Comment