This big ugly thing flew out of Charlottetown on Thursday with my husband aboard - sitting somewhere near the wing and apparently able to see us through the window the entire time before takeoff.. which means he watched me taking endless pictures, Christopher and my friend Diane climbing on the window ledge, and Miss Cinders running around with her arms flung out pretending to be an even bigger and better airplane. None of that ought surprise him though. ;-)
He's made it there in one piece and is set up, more or less, in his own room at the house - it's some type of rooming house arrangement, with each person having a small room complete with bed, desk, television, and blanket on the window - and has managed to score himself a cell phone that has a plan allowing him unlimited calls to his "fave five" *************
Okay that was weird. I'd just typed the closing quotation marks there when the phone rang and there he was *grin* ....I'm glad he got that phone so fast - and with that plan, he can call us anytime he wants, whether it's after work or on a break or whatever....makes it feel a little less far, if that makes any sense... I was thinking how different it is now - I lived in Alberta as a child and I remember only being able to call my mother (my parents are divorced and she's always lived here on the island) now and then because long distance calls were so incredibly expensive back then... now, we have cells with free calling, web cams, email, the works... of course, it also makes me fell quite old to consider that none of that existed when I was younger. :-P
Miss Cinders and I are about to sit down and watch the finale of The Amazing Race - tonight, one team runs off with the million bucks...I wonder who's gonna take it...
Blair was watching this all along with us and will watch the finale tonight out there - but not until 9pm his time which is three hours behind us... if he calls after we've seen it, I'll have to bite my tongue not to reveal who the winners are. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment