Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A little slippy...





Gotta love maritime weather *grumble* ....woke up this morning to find everything - and i mean EVERYTHING - covered with a coating of ice. Very pretty, but also very much a PITA to try and remove from my car. The antenna looks rather cool there though, doesn't it? :-p

Unfortunately, after chopping the ice from the car, it still sits. It runs quite happily (unlike the other week when it hit -30C for a bit and the rattletrap simply told me off when I asked it to go) but the parking lot is a skating rink and I have nothing for tires. Bald as a baby's rear, they are. It's made for interesting driving sledding around town so far this winter, but this morning it's just spinning and refusing to go anywhere. Miss Cinders came out to try and help me - normally, Blair and I would do this, one of us in and the other shoving it, but as he's AWOL at the moment, she took his place and gave it a try while I pushed it --- no, I don't let my 11 year old drive around town, but she does know the gas from the brake and D from P and R, so if there'd been anything under the car aside from pure ice, it would have been out. Not happening this morning though. Ah well, there's nowhere that we really needed to be anyway.

And truthfully, I should just be glad that we have power - there's 10,000 people on the island right now who haven't any....lines down from the ice and such... there was a big black line of some sort hanging all over my parking lot entrance this morning, but it's cable or something, not live - At least, I assume so because the town guys came up and just balled it up and tossed it onto the snowbank for now.

Good old maritime weather. >^..^<

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're posting again; I was starting to wonder...

That looks sooo pretty but I'm glad it's all yours. I do not like snow...or ice... or temps below 65F.

molytail said...

i'm here - just been kinda...blah... with Blair gone.. sometimes when i get 'down', i back away from everyone and everything...bad habit.

it *is* very pretty - the trees look almost magical... but at the same time, it's quite destructive, branches snapping, poles falling over, etc... but it *is* pretty!