Monday, January 28, 2008

Brrr.


I think my husband may be able to identify with the little guy above, considering he just had his first taste of temperatures in the -40C range over the last couple of days in Fort McMurray. That's a wee bit nippy! (If you speak Fahrenheit, -40C is actually also -40F). Poor guy, he's resorted to wearing pj pants under his work jeans -- I've suggested long johns, but that would require a trip to the store and right now he's on the night shift; his days are for sleeping, not shopping. Maybe I'll mail some out - it's quite likely that they'd arrive before he has a chance to get any... hmmm. I think I saw some with Superman logos on them. *grin*

Another "storm day" here - though this time, I'm not babysitting the next door girl, so I can still get some work done with Miss Cinders. Her brother is home - he was upset at first when I told him what the Man On The Radio* said (he doesn't always handle changes in routine very well) but perked up when I gave him a list of work of his own we would do today.

* The Man On The Radio is a powerful figure in our house - or at least in Christopher's world ;-) ...see, the MOTR makes the big important announcements - No school? Storm coming? - and he tells the time and rattles off the call letters, two of Christopher's favourite parts of radio listening. Christopher is a mimic and he loves to copy the MOTR's "It's 8:00am and you are listening to Magic 93, CFCY!" type of yammer. For some kids, it's Santa.. for others, it's the Man On The Radio. *

No comments: